Fire in LCSC Activity Center Dryer Causes $25,000 in Damages
Mia Carlson

Fire in LCSC Activity Center Dryer Causes $25,000 in Damages

LEWISTON, ID - A fire at Lewis-Clark State College late last night caused an estimated $25,000 in damage.  According to a press release, Lewiston Fire crews were dispatched to a reported water flow alarm at the Activity Center at 11:40 p.m.

Once on scene, crews were advised by LCSC security personnel that an alarm was sounding in the activity center.  Initial crews began a search and found smoke in the basement.

"The basement had several areas near the locker room with water on the floor. After searching several rooms, it was discovered that there had been a fire in a dryer in the laundry room, and the sprinkler system had a single head that had activated and extinguished the fire," the press release states.

Fire crews remained on scene for another hour to assist with getting the sprinkler system shut down, evacuating the smoke, and to confirm there was no extension of the fire.

The cause of the fire appears to be a malfunction with the commercial dryer in the laundry room.

The department responded with three structural engines, one ambulance, one truck, one service unit, and one chief officer, totaling 13 personnel.  There were no citizen or firefighter injuries to report.

(Photos courtesy of Brett Johnson).

Previous Article Theft Reported at North Lewiston Auto Dealership
Next Article WA Minimum Wage Climbs to $11 January 1st; Paid Sick Leave Provided January 1, 2018 As Result of November Election
Print
1144
 

Name:
Email:
Subject:
Message:
x

Please email news tips to Mia at: miacarlson@dailyfly.com

Our Yard Sale Map is back! Click Here!