LEWISTON, ID – If you’re about to buy a ranch, or if you’re considering the idea, the University of Idaho Extension has a workshop coming up tomorrow that you’ll want to attend.
The program is called Rural Land Purchasing, and it’s designed to inform first-time buyers of rural property about what makes rural land buying more complex than the typical house in town.
They’ll cover things like water rights, well drilling, easements, government assistance programs, and more.
Tuesday, April 9, 2019 6:00 - 8:30 pm
• Introduction to Rural Land Purchasing Part I, Bill Warren, University of Idaho Extension
• Introduction to Rural Land Purchasing Part II, Bill Warren, University of Idaho Extension
Tuesday, April 16, 2019 6:00 - 8:30 pm
• What Buyers Should Know About Rural Land Property Taxes, Brad Bovey & Dan Anderson, Nez Perce County Assessor’s Office
• Estimating Rural Land Market Value, Don Kerby, Western Appraisal
Tuesday, April 23, 2019 6:00 - 8:30 pm
• A Realtor’s Perspective on Purchasing Rural Land, Sean Wilson, Broker, Latah Realty
• What Buyers Should Know About Rural Land Title, Joe Strohmaier, Land Title of Nez Perce County
Sign-in starts at 5:30 pm each evening.
The workshop is in the Sacajawea Hall at Lewis-Clark State College. It costs $15 per person or $20 per household. You can call the UI Extension office at 208-476-4434 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.