Daily Dynamic Report
Stretches and Exercises for Scoliosis- Latissimus Dorsi Stretch
People can stretch the latissimus dorsi — the largest muscle in the upper body — with this stretch. Thoracic scoliosis directly affects these muscles. Lumbar scoliosis can also cause back tension that extends up to the latissimus dorsi.
To do a latissimus dorsi stretch:
- Stand with good posture in a neutral position.
- Keep the feet shoulder-width apart and the knees very slightly bent.
- Reaching over your head with both hands, grab your right wrist with your left hand.
- Bend slightly toward the right side until you feel a stretch in the left side of the body.
- Hold for one to two breaths, then push with the left foot to return to the original position.
- Repeat on the opposite side.
- Do 5–10 repetitions on each side.