Fire on 7th Street in Lewiston
LEWISTON, ID - At 3:08 pm Monday afternoon the Lewiston Fire Department was dispatched to a house on fire at 3515 7th street. First arriving crews found light smoke coming from the home.
Crews determined that there was a fire in a bedroom on the main floor. A crew entered the home with a pre connected hose line and extinguished the fire within 5 minutes.
All occupants were able to get out of the home unharmed.
Crews remained on scene for approximately one hour to monitor the scene and help make arrangements for the occupants who will be displaced for the night.
The department responded with 3 structural engines, 3 ambulances, 3 chief officers, and 1 inspector totaling
The cause of the fire was determined to be an overloaded power strip. The estimated damage to the structure and the contents is about $7,500. There were no citizen or firefighter injuries.