Mediterranean Tuna Salad
- 2, 5oz cans tuna packed in water, drained
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup chopped kalamata or mixed olives
- 1 Tablespoons minced red onion
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fire roasted red peppers
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 Tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 Tablespoon capers
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
- 2 large vine-ripened tomatoes
Add all ingredients except tomatoes in a large bowl then stir to combine. Slice tomatoes into sixths, without cutting all the way through, then gently pry open. Scoop Mediterranean Tuna Salad mixture into the center then serve.
Could also serve tuna salad as a sandwich, in a pita pocket, on a bed of greens, or with crackers.