Marketing Assistant Job Description:
The job of the Marketing assistant is to assist the Marketing person (people) they are assigned to in their everyday activities. The Marketing assistant will learn every facet of the Marketing job, and the operation of the radio station. The primary goal of the Marketing assistant is to support the Marketing Rep. In maximizing their account base. This is achieved by performing a variety of duties.
The Marketing assistant is responsible to learn and be proficient in both Vcreative (production/traffic program) and Natural Log (order program). Training provided. Help keep the Marketing person organized!
The Marketing assistant is to help write copy and send through Vcreative for production. You may from time to time be asked to go pick up “copy notes” from a customer.
The Marketing person (people) you work for are busy, and quite frankly a bit disorganized at times. YOUR job is to keep them organized by making sure account information is correct in Natural Log and Account list.
You will accompany the Marketing person on most NEEDS ANALYSES calls they go on. It is your job to take notes (recording is helpful) and listen to what the client says. These notes can be very helpful in writing good copy. From the NEEDS ANALYSES questions, you will help the Marketing rep research that client’s field. You will also need this information to put together a proposal for the closing.
You will be asked by your Marketing person to do “research” from time to time. This is your best way to get the background the rep needs.
Responsible for checking Marketing person (people) reports weekly.These are your BASIC responsibilities. Others may come to you from Management.
Pacific Empire Radio (PER) News Director Job Description
Responsible for leading the News Department as an essential and in-depth news service, managing and directing all aspects of PER’s news gathering and story production efforts, setting editorial policy, in-depth stories, and ensuring editorial integrity in all PER news formats.
Use Facebook as an instant news hub that in turn directs traffic to Dailyfly.com. All/majority of the Facebook news stories are to be link’s posted from Dailyfly.com.
To create one website (Dailyfly.com) where the community can receive news, events, special programs, contesting, etc. Create valuable website traffic that will generate revenue for the PER/Dailyfly.com news department.
- PER News
- Dailyfly.com News Content
- Social media content
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Leads the development of the long range vision for the news reporting efforts of PER.
- Using Facebook as a traffic generator for Dailyfly.com
- Demonstrates an in-depth understanding of the trends, the development and maintenance of content for the various media that PER uses and will be using (radio, online, and other digital media).
- Appropriately resolves policy conflicts and/or ambiguities.
- Guides station through ethical cross departmental news situations.
- Supervises online news content; including interactions.
- Proposes and coordinates special events and breaking news coverage.
- Ensures the maintenance of the highest level of editorial quality and integrity in the work of the News Department.
- Create a news Department that is recognized as a major source of accurate information about LC Valley issues.
- Experienced as a reporter/producer.
- Plans research, writing and producing news and public affairs program material, including news reports, documentaries and special events coverage or special news programs.
- Establishes and maintains news sources in the community.
- May perform as talent and carry out other on-air work as needed.
- Knows & understands operation of broadcast recording equipment.
- Acts consistently with the highest standards of journalism, business ethics, and personal integrity.
- Preserves confidentiality appropriately.
- Fully capable in editing, field recording, and producing news reports for radio, web and broadcast.
- Ensures the maintenance of news department files, including digital archive of stories broadcast and posted on PER sites and stations.
- Ensures that all communications about news story content are handled appropriately.
- Serves as an ambassador for PER, both formally and informally.
- Participates in station promotions activities as needed.
- Helps listeners and potential listeners connect with PER.
EXCELLENCE IN THIS POSITION includes the following:
1. A high level of commitment and dedication to the vision of PER/Dailyfly.com.
2. A high level of energy. An obvious enthusiasm for the work of Dailyfly.com. Outgoing, friendly with coworkers, and demonstrates an appropriate sense of humor.
3. Acting consistently with the highest standards of journalism, business ethics and personal integrity. Preserving confidentiality appropriately. Stewarding resources with prudence and accountability.
4. Serving as an excellent ambassador for PER news, both formally and informally. Helping listeners, potential listeners, and Clients connect with Dailyfly.com. Holding leadership positions in the community on boards, committees, and through general volunteer opportunities.
5. Facilitating excellent communications across departments. Fostering open and candid relationships with PER listeners and Clients. Managing conflict constructively.
6. Demonstrating a commitment to the continuous improvement of Dailyfly.com. Ability to fulfill the vision and goal. Demonstrating and encouraging creativity and enthusiasm for this work.